The purpose of the Orono Amateur Athletic Association (OAAA) is to organize, develop and promote minor hockey and soccer for the youth of Orono Village and the Municipality of Clarington.
- OAAA will provide the opportunity for all eligible individuals to participate in recreational house league hockey and house league soccer and provide community based programs which allow a player to participate in an environment for fun, physical exercise and fair play.
- OAAA will support the development of and participation in representative hockey and representative soccer and provide the opportunity to participate at the highest competitive level.
- OAAA will work to instill in all players, coaches, manager and members associated with OAAA good sportsmanship, correct and proper behavior on and off the ice and field, respect for authority and team play.
- OAAA shall be operated without the purpose of financial gain to any of the Members and any surplus of funds of the Association shall be used solely for the purposes of OAAA and for the promotion of its objects.
- The Association attempts to provide a balanced hockey and soccer program for simple recreation and for challenging competition. The balance will shift from era to era depending on the general perspective of those interested in both the hockey and soccer community, as reflected by the Board of Directors. The balance always recognizes both goals – goals that are not easily reconciled in the allocation of finances and ice-time.
The club belongs to the following organizations and is subject to the policies and rules of the following organizations; Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA), Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF) and Hockey Canada (HC)(formerly the Canadian Hockey Association/CHA), Darlington Soccer Club (DSC), and Ontario Soccer Association (OSA).