Sep 16, 2021 | Jeff Caplan | 771 views
Arena Protocols for OAAA Hockey
With OAAA hockey beginning tonight....please be fully aware of the current arena protocols for OAAA hockey due to the continuing Covid situation.
- Upon arrival, EVERYONE entering the arena must scan the QR code at the entrance to the arena and fill out the online form. This is for contact tracing purposes.
- Please do not enter the arena until 20 minutes before your scheduled ice time
- At this time, we are asking that only 1 spectator per player into the arena. We hope this will change prior to the start of games.
- Masks must be worn inside the facility at all times by all persons entering.
- Dressing rooms, public washrooms and eventually the Canteen will be open for your use.
- Players are to go to their dressing room and remain inside the dressing room until they are told to go on the ice.
- Parents are strongly discouraged from going to the dressing room area to prevent crowding. If there is an issue such as tying skates, please make arrangements with a coach or on-ice helper to tie the skates or come with them already on as we did last season
- Spectators are to go to the cold viewing area to watch the practice/game. Re-entry to the lobby area is now allowed to use the washrooms or visit the canteen if it is open but spectators must watch the practice/game from the cold viewing area only.
- Once the teams from the practice before come off the ice, the players will be allowed to go and sit on the bench until the Olympia is finished cleaning the ice. This is when players and coaches can remove their masks. There is no loitering in the dressing room hallway again to prevent crowding.
- Players are expected to vacate the dressing rooms within 15 minutes of coming off the ice.