Happy New Year Everyone!
The official start to the second half of our hockey season begins Sunday January 2nd at 7am with some U8 games.
With this comes some updated Covid protocols for OAAA hockey. Please make sure you are aware of them and abide by them.
The OMHA has announced that regular hockey programming will continue as scheduled. Click on the link to see the OMHA announcement:
OMHA Programming Announcement - January 1st, 2022
The OAAA protocols are as follows:
- Arena spectator capacity is 50% (This is not a big concern as we rarely come
close to 50% capacity)
- The canteen is remaining closed for now
- Spectators may NOT bring in any food or drinks to the arena (Players can still
have water on the bench)
- Masks must be worn at all times while inside the arena. No mask - No entry.
- Please do not loiter in the lobby area
- QR code proof of vaccination is required by everyone 12+ when entering
- Everyone must fill out the online contact tracing form prior to entering the
arena. If you do not have a smart phone there are paper copies available at
The close contact rules have also changed. Please be aware that if you live with a person who tests positive for COVID you must isolate for 5 days if you are fully vaccinated or 10 days if you are not vaccinated from the onset of the positive person's symptoms. If you do not live with the person who tests positive and you are fully vaccinated with no symptoms you do not need to isolate. If you do not live with the person who tests positive and you are not fully vaccinated then you need to isolate for 10 days regardless of symptoms. Remember, ultimately you must be able to pass the arena screening (contact tracing) form to be able to enter the arena.
If you are not sure about the isolation rules, please email our Head Trainer Marcia at [email protected] for clarification before attending the arena.
We know this is a lot of information and rules but it is necessary to keep our program running so please bear with it and do not give our arena staff or security personnel any difficulty over these rules.